Feet feeling a bit rough after the summer? Regularly soaking your feet and using a foot scrub can help to soften and exfoliate layers of hardened skin. Not to mention, it’s a great way to slow down and take time out! See below for some great recipes you can make at home.
Honey and Raw Sugar Foot Scrub
- 4 Tbsp Raw sugar
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
Coconut and Lemon Foot Scrub
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 Tbsp epsom salt or coarse sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- ¼ a cup of Coconut Cream
Tea Tree and Honey Foot Scrub
Tea Tree & Manuka oils are natural anti fungal agents – this scrub is suitable for people with tinea pedis and fungal nails.
- 1 Tsp Tea Tree or Manuka oil
- 1 tsp Honey (Manuka honey ideal)
- 4 Tbsp of epsom salts or coarse sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
What to do
- Mix all of the foot scrub ingredients together in a bowl, until you have a thick paste.
- Soak your feet in a bucket of warm water with 2 Tbsp of epsom salts for 15 minutes.
- Dry your feet off thoroughly.
- Apply the foot scrub to both feet and a rub in circular motions concentrating on the heels and other areas that are prone to hard skin build-up.
- Rinse and thoroughly dry your feet.
- Moisturise with a foot and leg cream (we recommend Gehwol).