Our bodies are pretty amazing at healing minor injuries themselves, but when a niggle has continued on for too long, sometimes our bodies need a little assistance to get back onto a healing path.
Some symptoms/injuries we treat:
- Plantar fasciitis – a bruised feeling in the heel
- Achilles tendinopathy – tightness in the Achilles or at the back of the heel
- Osteoarthritis – aching in the foot or ankle or a “stiff foot” feeling
- Forefoot metatarsalgia – pain in the ball of your foot +/- numbness in the toes
- Chronic ankle instability – regularly rolling your ankles or feeling unstable
- Ankle sprains or fractures
- Dislocated toes – toes out of alignment
- Bunions – pain, discomfort and deformity of the big toe joint
- Iliotibial band friction syndrome – aching in the outside of the knee, worsening with exercise
- Hammer toes / claw toes
How we can help
- We will work to ascertain the contributing factors to your pain/dysfunction and provide advice regarding this.
- We will create a treatment plan with you to help get on top of your pain, fast.
- We have a lot of knowledge around footwear and offer advice regarding best shoes for you
- We create prefabricated orthotics on site to ensure speedy treatment
- Our local orthotics laboratory can turn around custom orthotics quickly, if required
- All of our practitioners utilise Foot Mobilisation Therapies where appropriate
At Hobsonville Podiatry we are of the belief that health and wellbeing is holistic, to function properly as individuals it is important all areas of our lives are in balance. Therefore as well as assessing your foot and lower limb position, gait and range of motion to establish a good understanding of how your body functions, we will also ask about other aspects of your life that may be influencing your pain and dysfunction, preventing you from functioning optimally.
If we feel you would benefit from the input of another treatment provider (ie Physio, Osteopath, Chiropractor, Physician, Orthopaedic surgeon) we will refer you to the appropriate person.
We are registered with ACC, if you have had an injury but have not put in a claim, we can help you with this. Note: treatments are subsidised by ACC, not fully funded.